Liver Transplant in India at Affordable Cost
Plan your Liver Transplant in India with Forerunners Healthcare Consultants
Till sometime back, charity was considered the biggest way to earn blessings. It still is, but what may really be life-saving is donating one’s organs, be it while alive or after death. Organ donation is very vital and a sensitive issue. Black marketing of organs is illegal and punishable under the law. The Hospitals and Surgeons in India make sure that organs donated are used in a legalized manner, cutting the scope of illegal trade. Abiding by the basic principle, Forerunners Healthcare Consultants aid patients in legally receiving organ transplant, under best Surgeons in India.
How things function at Forerunners Healthcare Consultants?
- First & Foremost : We assist patients with medical visa arrangements, accommodation for the patient and family, meals, appointment with surgeon, transport service to and fro airport.
- Matchless care : Forerunners Healthcare Consultants has ties with the best surgeons and doctors, an important factor in treating any medical condition home or abroad.
- Professionals : The benefit of Liver Transplant in India under Forerunners Healthcare Consultants ensures utmost care to maintain ethics in meeting patient’s need.
- Affordable : Affordable means now that you shall not be expending too much on health, we offer affordable cost liver transplant in India from the top liver transplant surgeons in India from the best liver transplant hospitals in the world.
- Other services: We also take care of quick visa letter, health diet as advised by your attending surgeon, to and fro airport travel, vacation tour, etc.
International Patient Experience
Mrs. Jumoke from Nigeria
Liver Cyst Surgery in India
I Am Mrs Jumoke From Nigeria. I Was Suffering From Severe Abdominal Pain. My Doctor Told That I Had A Liver Cyst And Needed A Surgery. I Had To Look For Options Abroad And Found Forerunners Healthcare Consultants. Following A Routine, I Was Invited To Visit Delhi, India For The Operation. The Surgery Was Successful And I Have Recovered Completely. I Extend Warm Regards To Forerunners Healthcare Group.
The Liver and Its Functions:
Liver is located on the right side behind the rib cage. It serves many functions including processing proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and breaking down toxic substances such as drugs and alcohol. The liver makes the chemical components that help your blood clot. If the liver fails, you lose the ability to clot blood and process nutrients needed for life. The liver also excretes a yellow digestive juice called bile, which may accumulate, if your liver is not functioning properly.
What is Liver Transplantation?
Benefits of Liver Transplant Surgery in India are that it is a major surgical procedure in which diseased or damaged liver is replaced with a healthy liver. This procedure is very time consuming and demanding. It is performed in case of acute liver failure or an end stage liver disease.
What are Common Reasons for Liver Transplantation?
Some of the most common reasons for liver transplant are as follows;
- End-stage Cirrhosis which can be a result of alcoholic cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis, hemochromatosis, primary bilary sclerosis, etc.
- Liver cancers like Cholangiocarcinoma, primary hepatocellular carcinoma, primary hepatocellular malignancies and hepatic adenomas.
- Fulminant viral hepatitis (A, B, C, D), hepatic thrombosis may cause Fulminant hepatic failure.
- Genetic liver diseases
Who is the Candidates for Liver Transplantation?
Persons who suffer from irreversible acute or chronic liver disease are possible candidates for liver transplantation. The decision to start the process of determining if you are a candidate should be taken seriously. Besides determining your candidacy, it is important to consider the emotional, physical and financial aspects of a transplant.
Two main considerations for whether someone is a candidate for liver transplant are:
- Your condition will benefit from a liver transplant
- The surgery would do more good than harm
Who is Not a Candidate for Liver Transplantation?
Certain conditions disqualify a person from undergoing a liver transplantation because a successful outcome is unlikely. These conditions are known as absolute contraindications. They include the following:
- AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency disease)
- Cancer presently existing in an organ other than the liver
- Metastatic cancer of the liver (advanced liver cancer that has spread to another organ)
- Alcoholic liver disease coupled with failure to abstain from alcohol for the last six months
- Severe active infection
- Active substance abuse (for example, alcohol or heroin)
- Irreversible brain dysfunction
- Advanced heart or lung disease
Who are Donors for Liver Transplantation?
Forerunners healthcare not only has a network of fastest growing liver transplant programs with latest technology but also these programs are available at minimum cost of the surgery. Liver Transplant Surgery Success Rates in India is 90% in Pediatric liver transplant, Cadaver liver transplant, Transplant in acute liver failure.
Liver transplantation can be performed with the help of two types of donors:
- Deceased donor: Liver transplantation can be done with a deceased donor from someone who has died. The large majority of liver transplants use the entire liver from a non-living donor for the transplant, particularly for adult recipients
- Living donor: A living donor is usually someone in the family or a close friend. In case of Living Donor Liver Transplantation liver regenerates almost immediately after surgery, and will have reached its near normal size by 6-8 weeks or so
Find List of Top 10 Liver Transplant Surgeon in India
Dr. Mohamed Rela
Dr. A. S. Soin
Dr. Subhash Gupta
Dr. Vivek Vij
Dr. Ankur Garg
Dr. Anand Khakhar
Dr. Ravi Mohanka
Dr. Ramdip Ray
Dr. Amit Nath Rastogi
Dr. Sanjay Singh Negi
Find List of Best 10 Liver Transplant Hospital in India
- Dr Rela Institute & Medical Centre
- Fortis Hospital India
- Artemis Hospital India
- Max Super Specialty Hospital India
- Apollo Hospital India
- Medanta Hospital India
- Manipal Hospital India
- Narayana Hospital India
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital India
- Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital India
Liver Transplant Surgery Cost Comparisons: India VS Other Countries (USA, UK, Thailand, & Singapore)
India is the most preferable destination for patients who are looking for Low Cost Liver Transplant Treatment. Affordable cost of the liver transplant surgery in Indiais typically a fraction of the cost for the same procedure and care in the US and other developed countries. The cost can vary depending on type of surgery and other medical conditions of a patient.
The cost of the Liver Transplant Surgery in various countries in the chart / table is given below. The price comparison is given in USD.
|Liver Transplant Surgery||USA||UK||India||Thailand||Singapore|
|Cost in USD||$1,25,000||$1,00,000||$33,000||$42,000||$50,000|
*The price for the Liver Transplant Surgery is an average collected from the Top Liver Transplant Hospitals in India
*The final prices offered to the patients is based on their medical reports and is dependent on the current medical condition of the patient, type of room, type of surgery, hospital brand and the surgeon's expertise.
We have worked out special packages of the Liver Transplant Surgery for our Indian and International patients. You can send us your medical reports to avail the benefits of these special packages.
You would be provided with 3 TOP RECOMMENDED SURGEONS / HOSPITALS FOR YOUR LIVER TRANSPLANT SURGERY in India.CLICK HERE
Patient Testimonial – Liver Transplant Surgery done in India for Mr. Jacob White from Australia
Mr. Jacob White from Australia
Low cost liver transplant in India has become a trademark when it comes to treating a last stage liver disease. The disease is on a heavy rise around the world and even in India with increasing number of patients looking for a perfect treatment. Abiding by international standards of medical services at an affordable price tag, the expert and compassionate team at Forerunner Healthcare has given me comfortable accommodation, healthy meals and utmost care while I was in India for my liver transplant.
Preparations for Liver Transplantation:
The preliminary evaluation, called a Phase I Evaluation, is the first step in helping you and the transplant team determines if transplantation is an appropriate treatment option every patient is evaluated by a liver specialist, called a hepatologist, and a surgeon. The appointment will take a full day, and can be very tiring. The following tips will help you prepare for this first appointment:
- You must have a family member or another support person or people accompany you to help understand the significant amount of information you will receive about the transplant process.
- Because you will undergo many tests, do not eat or drink anything after midnight of the day before your appointment.
- Plan to bring a snack. Please bring any medications you are taking.
What are Evaluation and Tests for Liver Transplantation?
You will need to bring all of your previous medical records, X-rays, liver biopsy slides, operative reports and a record of medications to your pre-evaluation. To complement and to update previous tests, some or all of the following diagnostic studies are generally performed during your evaluation. If specific problems are identified, additional tests may be ordered.
- Computed tomography, which uses X-rays and a computer to generate pictures of the liver, showing its size and shape
- Doppler ultrasound to determine if the blood vessels to and from your liver are open
- Echocardiogram and stress testing to help evaluate your heart
- Pulmonary function studies to determine your lungs' ability to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide
- Blood tests to determine blood type, clotting ability, and biochemical status of blood, and to gauge liver function. Serology screening is also included.
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
How is Liver Transplantation Procedure done?
- The surgery usually takes between five and six hours, but may be longer or shorter due to the difficulty of the operation and the experience of the surgeon.
- Liver Transplantation is performed under a general anesthesia.
- Before the surgery, a tube is placed through the mouth of patient into windpipe to help breathe during the operation.
- A Y-shaped incision in the abdomen is made and the diseased liver is removed. Donated liver is then inserted and attached to the major blood vessels and to the bile ducts. The incision is then closed at the end of surgery.
- Entire procedure of liver transplantation surgery usually takes about 6-12 hour to perform successfully.
What are Types of Liver Transplantation Surgery?
There are three types of liver transplantation surgery procedures - Orthotopic transplantation, Heterotopic transplantation surgery and Reduced-size liver transplantation.
- Orthotopic Transplantation - The orthotopic approach requires replacing the recipient liver with the donor liver. After the donor liver is removed, preserved and packed for transport, it must be transplanted into the recipient within 12 to 18 hours. The surgery begins by removing the diseased liver from the four main blood vessels and other structures that hold it in place in the abdomen. After the recipient's liver is removed, the new healthy donor liver is then connected and blood flow is restored. The final connection is made to the bile duct, a small tube that carries bile made in the liver to the intestines.
- Heterotopic Transplantation – Heterotopic Transplantation surgery involves the addition of a healthy donor liver at another site, while the diseased liver is left intact. This liver transplant surgery procedure is performed when the doctor is of the opinion that the diseased liver might recover. The healthy liver is attached very near to the original liver. If the liver recovers, the other organ shrivels away. If not, then the original one shrivels and the donor liver performs the body functions.
- Reduced-size Liver Transplantation – Reduced-size Liver Transplantation is most often performed on children and involves the transplanting a part of the healthy donor liver into a patient. This procedure is performed when 15-20% of the original liver is intact. This way, one donor liver can be used for two successful transplants.
What Follow-Up Care to be taken Post Liver Transplantation?
- After liver transplantation, the patient must frequently visit the transplant surgeon, about 1-2 times a week over about 3 months.
- The transplant surgeon and hepatologist monitor the patient's progress through blood tests. After a year of Liver transplantation, follow-up care becomes individualized.
- Post transplant, patient will be on several different medications especially Immunosuppression medications which keep the body from fighting off the new organ. You may be on other medications to control blood pressure, Insulin, antibiotics and antivirals, diuretics, and vitamins.
- Typically, patients are seen every week for the first month post transplant, and then the frequency is reduced over time.
- Additional testing to monitor your health and liver function may vary from patient to patient. Tests may include abdominal scans, ultrasounds, and liver biopsies.
- There are few dietary restrictions. The patient is often advised to restrict salt (sodium) intake. A well-balanced diet with adequate protein is necessary. For reasons that are not clear, obesity frequently becomes a problem with liver transplant patients. To avoid this problem, patients should take control of their calorie intake early on.
What is Liver Transplantation Rejection?
Unfortunately, when the immune system sees a newly transplanted organ as a foreign object that could be harmful to you, it attempts to rid your body of it. This is called as rejection. The anti rejection drugs taken after surgery help prevent rejection. These drugs weaken the immune system to allow your body to accept the transplanted organ. Rejection is most common in the 6 months after transplant surgery, but it can happen at any time. It can also be treated. Treatment is most effective if rejection is caught early. Fever, Fatigue, Chills, Nausea Body ache and Jaundice are some warning signs of rejection of liver transplant. The patient needs to be aware of the signs of rejection so that it can be reported to the transplant coordinator immediately. Some tests are conducted to confirm rejection of the transplanted liver. These tests may include blood work and Liver biopsy. If the liver shows any signs of rejection, the dosage of immunosuppressant drugs is usually increased. If the biopsy shows a significant amount of rejection, the patient may be hospitalized for more intensive immunosuppressive therapy.
What are Advantages of Liver Transplantation?
- Liver transplants provide patients a chance for a longer, more active life in the final stages of liver disease or end-stage liver disease.
- There’s no question that transplant is a major operation. The recovery can sometimes be the most taxing but anti-rejection medications are making the process easier.
- If the transplant is performed before the recipient's health deteriorates, he or she is better able to tolerate the surgery and recovers more quickly.
- The donors and recipients recovered quickly, the donors were discharged in about a week and the recipients in 2 to 3 weeks.
Why choose India for Liver Transplantation?
Liver Transplant in India is performed through cutting- edge clinical solutions, research, extraordinary patient care and infrastructure of world-class standards. This has addressed concerns of many patients and has helped them get rid of complex and most end stage liver diseases. Liver Transplant is a complex surgical exercise and need highly skilled consultants, ingenious technical staff and advanced technology working with perfect harmony, enormous dedication and team work. India offers a one stop solution for all those seeking critical procedures such as Liver transplantation with the availability of the best liver transplant hospitals in the world.
Cities in India that offers Liver Transplantation at some of the best multi specialty hospitals are as follows:
How many International Liver Transplant Surgery patients came to India?
The list of TOP 15 countries from where the Liver Transplant Surgery patients travelled to India are given below. The major reason of large number of patients travelling to India for Liver Transplant Surgery from these countries is because of availability of top liver transplant surgeons in India, affordable prices strategic connectivity, food, tourism options, zero language barrier and many other reasons.
The maximum number of patients for Liver Transplant Surgery comes from – UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iraq, Oman, Afghanistan, Kenya, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh.
Here are the approximate percentage wise distributions of the patients coming from Top 15 countries to India in 2017 for Liver Transplant Surgery.
- You can contact us and share your medical reports with us.
- Our International Patient Executive would connect with you and answer all that you need to plan your LIVER TRANSPLANT SURGERY in India.
- We would provide you with TOP RECOMMENDATIONS and assist your with the surgery planning.
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
Which are the the Best centres for Liver Transplant in India?
Indian metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and others have centres best equipped for liver transplant. Send us your medical report to find the city with hospital best equipped to treat your condition.
Can u tell me Comparison of total Expense of Liver Transplant in India and in Foreign Countries?
Send us your medical report and query, and after consulting the medical experts, we will inform you about the expenses involved and cost comparison.
Who are the Best Liver Transplant Surgeons in India?
There are many renowned Liver Transplant surgeons in India. Mail us your medical report and we will find the surgeon most suitable for your medical condition.
What are the requirements for the Best care of Liver Transplant Patient and Donor?
After liver transplantation, the patient and the donor must visit the transplant surgeon about 1-2 times a week for about 3 months. The transplant surgeon monitors the patient's progress through blood tests, and also check the adaptation by the donor’s body.
Is Liver Transplant in India safe?
India is evolving as a hot destination for organ transplants. Most of our surgeons doctors have international experience and hospitals are equipped with the latest infrastructure. The high quality and low cost treatments make India the top spot for Liver Transplant.
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Liver Transplant in India, Liver Transplant cost in India, Cost of Liver Transplant in India, Liver Transplant Success Rates in India, Affordable Liver Transplant Surgery in India, Benefits of Liver Transplant Surgery in India, Low Cost Liver Transplantation in India, Living Donor Liver Transplantation in India, living donor liver transplant cost in India, Best Liver Transplant Surgeon in India, Top liver transplant doctor India, Best doctor for liver transplant in India, top 10 surgeon for liver transplant India, List of Top Liver Transplant hospitals India, Top hospitals Liver Transplant in India, cheapest liver transplant hospital in india, Best liver transplant centres in india