Total Knee Replacement in India at hospitals of Kerala at Cost Saving Budget
Plan Total Knee Replacement in India at Hospitals of Kerala at Cost Saving Budget with Forerunners Healthcare Consultants
Total Knee Replacement in India is done by the expert orthopedic surgeons at recognized hospitals of Kerala has incredible success rate at Cost Saving Budget. Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is a medical value provider in India having an association with several prominent surgeons, experts and hospitals with availability of the best treatment facilities and higher success rates. We help overseas patients access the facilities of best medical fraternity for Total Knee Replacement in India.
How things function at Forerunners Healthcare Consultants
- Excellent panel :Forerunners Healthcare Consultants works with only the best surgeons and doctors, a prerequisite in treating any medical condition home or abroad.
- Primary facilities :We assist patients in arranging medical visa, accommodation for the patient and family, meals, appointment with surgeon.
- Professionalism :The benefit of Total Knee Replacement in India through the Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is that the team ensures utmost care to maintain ethics in meeting patient's medical needs.
- Your Budget :Financial aspects affect medical treatments in a huge way. We offer Total Knee Replacement in India at Hospitals of Kerala at Cost Saving budget.
- Other vital services :We also take care of quick visa letter, health diet as advised by your attending surgeon, to and fro airport travel, vacation tour, etc
Total knee replacement in India is done at recognized hospitals of Kerala at cost saving budget. Medical Treatment in USA/Europe (only Medical Treatment) = Medical Treatment in India (A tour to India + Medical Treatment + Savings With world-class medical care, equipment and facilities) in the same cost. Indian medical tourism combines the health and holiday aspects together, to offer you a great saving for time and money. The health and holiday package could include pre-arrangement for your entire trip, all transfers, and personal airport pick-up, hotel accommodation, and pre-doctor appointment, quotation for healthcare treatment, optional sightseeing city/island tours and night entertainment attraction. Past records show that Total knee replacement in India done under expert orthopedic surgeons of Kerala is highly successful.
What is Total Knee Replacement?
Total knee replacement(TKR), also referred to as total knee arthroplasty (TKA), is a surgical procedure where worn, diseased, or damaged surfaces of a knee joint are removed and replaced with artificial surfaces. Materials used for resurfacing of the joint are not only strong and durable but also optimal for joint function as they produce as little friction as possible.
The "artificial joint or prosthesis" generally has two components, one made of metal which is usually cobalt -chrome or titanium. The other component is a plastic material called polyethylene.
Total knee replacementhas been proven to help individuals return back to moderately challenging activities such as golf, bicycling, and swimming. Total knees are not designed for jogging, or sports like tennis and skiing (although there certainly are people with total knee replacements that participate in such sports).
The general goal oftotal knee replacementis designed to provide painless and unlimited standing, sitting, walking, and other normal activities of daily living
Who is a Candidate for Total Knee Replacement?
Total knee replacements are usually performed on people suffering from painful arthritic conditions of the knee severe enough to limit one's normal day to day activities. Most people who have artificial knees are over age 55, but the procedure is also offered to younger people with knee degeneration if their quality of life is severely affected.
The diagnosis is made by:
- A completehistory and physical examination:this allows the physician to determine any correlation between symptoms of pain with past history and demands that have been placed upon the knee. The physician will also inquire about experiencing episodes of instability. The examination should focus on the assessment of swelling, range of motion, ligament stability, and knee alignment.
- X-raysare used to show the extent of damage to the joint and they may suggest a cause for the degeneration.
- Blood testsmay be required to rule out inflammatory arthritis (such as Rheumatoid Arthritis) or infection in the knee if there is reason to believe that these conditions are contributing to the degenerative process.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Procedures
Broadly speaking, there are four basic categories ofknee replacementsdepending on the degree of mechanical stability provided by the design of the artificial knee:
- Constrained or hinged
The highly successfulnon-constrainedimplant is the most common type of artificial knee. It is termed non-constrained because the artificial components inserted into the knee are not linked to each other and have no stability built into the system. It relies on the person's own ligaments and muscles for stability. This is the key feature of this group of artificial implants helping to maintain the stability of theknee.
Thesemi-constrainedimplant is a device that provides increasing stability for the knee. This type of artificial knee has some stability built into it. It is used if the surgeon needs to remove all of the inner knee ligaments(some surgeons prefer to do this), or if the surgeon feels the new knee will be more stable with this type of implant.
Constraint or hingedvariety implants are rarely used as a first choice of surgical options. In this case, the two components of the knee joint are linked together with a hinged mechanism. This type ofknee replacementis used when the knee is highly unstable and the person's ligaments will not be able to support the other type of knee replacements. It is useful in the treatment of severely damaged knees particularly in very elderly people undergoing a revisionreplacementprocedure. The disadvantage of this type of knee joint is that it is not expected to last as long as the other types.
Aunicondylar knee replacementreplaces only half of the knee joint. It is performed if the damage is limited to one side of the joint only with the remaining part of the knee joint being relatively spared. It is now possible for the surgeon to replace only that area of the knee joint which is severely damaged. However, even with only half of the joint destroyed, many surgeons prefer doing atotal knee replacementbelieving this is a better procedure than thehalf-knee (unicondylar) replacement. But equally, there are surgeons who believe it is more appropriate to perform a unicondylar knee in the right circumstance.
Recovery after Total Knee Replacement
The first days aftertotal knee replacement
The first day you can expect:
- Diet may be clear liquids only
- Intravenous line in the arm for fluids and antibiotics
- Pain medication by injection, or intravenously or as tablets.
- Blood transfusion if necessary
- Activity as tolerated to include walking: (Full weight bearing if a cemented knee was used and toe touch or limited weight bearing if an uncemented knee was used).
- Breathing exercises
The second and third day you can expect:
- Exercise program initiated
The fourth day to one week you can expect:
- Progression of walking and exercises.
- Instruction on how to dress, get in and out of bed and utilize the bathroom safely.
Hospitals of Keralahaving expertorthopedic surgeonsdo performTotal knee replacement in Indiaat incredible success rate atcost saving budget. A patient can travel to India once in the same cost with the excellent health care treatment in India. So this is the best alternative available particularly for foreigners to travel to India with complete medical treatment. India is not only cheaper but the waiting time is almost nil. This is due to the outburst of the private sector which comprises of hospitals and clinics with the latest technology and best practitioners.
To get free no obligation Quote on Total Knee Replacement in Kerala, Indiaclick here
To read international patient’s experiences:click here
For information about our Rejuvenation Centers and Exotic Spas:click here
Our International Patient videos
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
total knee replacement Kerala, cost knee replacement Kerala, orthopedic surgeons Kerala, orthopedic hospitals Kerala, knee replacement Kerala, cost saving knee replacement Kerala, knee replacement procedure Kerala, half knee replacement Kerala