Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala
Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala is an obesity surgeon in India. He is also a laparoscopic expert and the founder of CODS India (Centre for Obesity and Diabetes Surgery) - a weight loss and weight management centre located in Mumbai. He is the 'Head of the Department of Minimal Access and Bariatric' at Saifee Hospital, He was awarded the first international centre of excellence designation by the US based SRC (Surgical Review Corporation)[ Mumbai and he is also a consultant at the Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre. A few of the famous personalities who got their Bariatric surgeries performed by him includes the former BJP President Nitin Gadkari, NCP's Nawab Malik,State Cabinate minister Nitin Raut, BJP's Vinod Tawde and also the recent surgery of BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu.
- Head of Department, Bariatrics
- Clinic of weight management and Obesity Surgery
- L.H Hiranandani Hospital, Powai
- Head of Department.
- Department of Bariatrics and Obesity Surgery
- Department of Minimal Access surgery
- Saifee Hospital, Girgaum
- Head of Department, Minimal Access Surgery
- Dr. D.Y Patil Hospital, New Bombay
- Head and Chief Consultant
- Muslim Ambulance Society Nursing Home
- Chief Consultant
- Department of minimal Access Surgery
- Lilavati hospital and research centre, Bandra
- Chief Consultant
- Department of Surgery
- Prince Ali khan Hospital, Mazagaon
- Ethicon Institute of Endosurgery (ESIS) and Johnson and Johnson Training centre: conduct training for surgeons all over the country twice a month on solid organ …..
- Chief And Head of Department of the Minimal Access Department at the Dr D.Y. Patil Medical College: Teaching for all post graduates in minimal access surgery
- Asia Pacific Pacific Bariatric surgeons Summit Taipei Taiwan Feb’2005,
- Thought Leaders Summit Seoul South Korea 2004, Invited as one of the 6 Surgeons to represent India in the world forum
- Laprosurg Vapi Gujarat’ 2005, invited as national faculty in laparoscopy.
- ASICON 2004 Hyderabad, as national faculty.
Papers and Presentations:
- Fellowship in bariatric surgery: 2004
- Cleveland Clinic, South Florida USA is one of the leading hospitals in the world in Bariatric Bypass Surgery.
- Recognized centre for fellowship training in laparoscopic obesity surgery by the ASBS, high volume unit performing up to 15 laparoscopic baiatric surgeries a week. Trained under the esteemed Prof Dr Raul Rosenthal.
- Fellow Department of Bariatrics 2005
- Trained in laparoscopic gastric banding in the university of Ghent Hospital, Belgium. University hospital does a large number of gastric bands per week. Trained under Dr Piet Pattyn. Performed more than 500 Obesity Surgery Cases.
- Fellow Colorectal Surgery 2005
- Training in laparoscopic colorectal surgery in Seoul, South Korea under Prof. Seon hahn Kim. A dedicated centre for only colorectal surgeries.
- B.Y.L.Nair hospital is one of the largest teaching hospitals in Mumbai. .Worked as a lecturer in the Department of Surgery for 2 years following post graduation
- Masters in surgery M.S.
- B.Y.L.Nair Hospital, completed residencies for 3 years in general surgery.
- University of Mumbai
- MBBS -University of Mumbai
- Awards and achievements
- Ranbaxy Award for Best Thesis at MS. Exams ‘Therapeutic Endoscopy in Obstructive Jaundice’.
- Silver Medal at Shirin Mehtaji Oration – 1996 ‘Obstructive Jaundice’
- Gold Medalist in Anatomy
- IAGES (Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons)
- OSSI ( Obesity Surgeons Society of India)
- Asia Pacific Bariatric Surgeons Group
- Retroperitoneoscopic Biopsy of Para Aortic Nodes’ IAGES 2004
- Retroperitoneoscopic Drainage of Paraspinal Abscess’ IAGES 2004
- Laparoscopic CBD Exploration’ at IAGES 2002
- Thoracoscopic Bullectomy’ at IAGES 2000
- Thoracoscopic Cardiomyotomy’ at IAGES 2000
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Obstructive Jaundice’- ASICON 1996
<< Back To Bariatric Surgeons
Click Here to Contact Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala
Copyright © 2019 www.forerunnershealthcare.com All Rights Reserved.