Dr. Ahsan Badar (MS)
Dr Ahsan Badar MS, FRCS, FICS, FMAS, Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery (France), has Graduated and Post Graduated from Government Medical college, Nagpur, during 1982-86 and 1987-90 respectively.
After completing his education he started his career with Ministry of Health Hospitals in Iran and Sharjah before moving to the UK. He worked here as Consultant General and Laparoscopic surgeon.
He started in laparoscopic surgery in 1996 and has attended various training workshops and courses at premier institutes in Europe, finally receiving Diploma in laparoscopic surgery from world-renowned IRCAD institute in Strasbourg, France.
During his practise of laparoscopic surgery, he has been involved in more than 3000 laparoscopic procedures to date which includes 300 Obesity Surgery Procedures. He has conducted laparoscopic training workshops on 3 occasions, twice in Sharjah and once in UK. He has presented papers and presentations at national and international conferences. He was involved in teaching surgical residents from Newcastle University, UK.
He has now returned back to India and is currently practising at Nagpur as Consultant General and Laparoscopic surgeon & Endoscopist doing advanced high precision Laparoscopic surgery, which includes bariatric surgery and colorectal surgery.
- Diploma in Laparoscopic surgery France
- Fellow of Minimal access surgeons of India
- Trained in Bariatric surgery with Prof. Vix at Strasbourg, France, and with Mr Galloway, at Glasgow, UK.
- Trained in Laparoscopic Colorectal surgery at Sir Alfred Cuscheri’s laparoscopic training centre, Dundee, UK.
- rained in all types of Laparoscopic Hernia repair at Sir Alfred Cuscheri’s Laparoscopic training Centre, Dundee, UK
- linical Attachment in colorectal surgery under Mr Ian Finlay, consultant surgeon at Royal Infirmary College & Hospital, Glasgow, UK.
- rained in diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy, simoidocopy and colonoscopy at Sheffield general hospital and Cheltenham general hospital.
- RCS – Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK.
- ellow of international college of surgeons, USA.
- aster of Surgery, Government Medical College, Nagpur, India.
- BBS, Government Medical College, Nagpur, India.
Papers and presentations:
- ASI (Association of Surgeons of India)
- AMASI (Association of minimal access surgeons India)
- OSSI (Obesity Surgeons Society of India)
- IFSO ( International federation for the Surgery of Obesity)
- AMS (Academy of Medical Sciences Nagpur, India).
- IMA (Indian Medical Association.)
- Presented video case on Lap Gastric Bypass for Morbid Obesity in Academy of Medical Sciences clinical meeting at Nagpur, October 2008.
- Presented Video case on Lap Rt. Hemicolectomy in the Gut Club meeting at Nagpur, July 2008.
- Presented video on Lap APR in international Oncological conference at Hyderabad, August 2008.
- Presented Video case on Lap Cysto-Gastrostomy Necrostomy for Pseudocyst Pancreas in The Gut Club meeting at Nagpur, February 2008
- Presented video case on Lap Gastrectomy in The Gut Club meeting at Nagpur April 2008.
- Audit to evaluate the value of diagnostic laparoscopy in Non specific abdominal pain. West Cumberland Hospital, UK. May 2007.
- \Organized & conducted workshop on laparoscopic intra/extracorporeal suturing for consultant’s & Residents in West Cumberland hospital, Whitehaven, UK. December 2006. Presented a case report on ‘Colonic Stents in acute intestinal obstruction’ in the Gut Club, Cumbria, 26.05.06.
- Presentation on ‘Rare Hernias’ in the Gut Club, Cumbria, November 2005.
- Guest Lecture on Colorectal Disease in Government Medical College, Nagpur, India
- Published thesis “The value of Aspiration Cytology in Solid Abdominal Lumps”
- Presented paper, “The Management of Intestinal Obstruction – Our Way” in The Millennium Surgical Conference, Sharjah, U.A.E. in November 2000.
- Presented a poster, “Management of Varicose Veins and its complication” in The Millennium Surgical Conference, Sharjah, U.A.E. in November 2000.
- Presented, “A Case Report on “Raynaud’s Phenomenon” in Quarterly Medical Bulletin, Sharjah, Vol. 1, 2001.
- Presented “New trends in Management of Pancreatitis” in the annual Al Dhaid conference, 2002
- Presented, “A Case Report on Rectal Prolapse – Rectopexy” in Sharjah Medical Journal, Vol 2, No 2, 2002.
- Presented paper, “Mini Open Cholecystectomy- A Challenge to Laproscopic Cholecytectomy” in the 11th Annual U.A.E Surgical conference, Abu Dhabi, 2003.
- Presented, “A case report on Thoraco-abdominal trauma” in the 4th northern emirates conference, Sharjah, February 2004.
- Presented, “Update in the Management of Thyroid Swellings” at the annual Al Dhaid Conference, 2004
- Presented, ‘A case report of abdominal Burkit’s Lymphoma’ in Gut club, Cumbria, 24-11-2004.
- Presented, ‘A case report of Permacol treatment in High fistula in Ano’ in Gut Club, Cumbria, 24-11-2004
- Presented, ‘Overview on colorectal diseases’ in postgraduate centre, WCH, Cumbria, 25-05-05.
- Organized two workshops on laparoscopy in Al Dhaid Hospital, Sharjah.2002-2004.
- Audit on conservative management of Anal Fissure on OPD basis with cryothermal anal dilators. May’ 05.
- Audit to compare the open and closed method of first trocar placement in Laparoscopic surgery
- udit to compare preincision LA with post op LA in trocar wound in laparoscopic surgery. Nov’ 06.
<< Back To Bariatric Surgeons
Click Here to Contact Dr. Ahsan Badar (MS)
Copyright © 2019 www.forerunnershealthcare.com All Rights Reserved.